Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Celebrity Citing

Is it stalking when you are too nervous to even acknowledge a celebrity?

Today I was riding my bike down Torstrasse with Diegito running beside me during working hours. Usually I ride my bike down the street once business hours are over, since I tend to work later. So this was a unique experience in itself.

I was daydreaming and staring in the shops when who should I see in the window of that repurposed kimono shop-- Suri!

Flabbergasted, I looked around-- no paparazzi-- and went in the shop. I always wanted to go inside, but it was always closed when I rode by before.

Upon entering, a gentle-ish German man spoke to me in German and pointed at Diego. What? I said. Was my dog friendly? he asked. Yes, why? I nervously responded as a handsome black man approached me (did this place have guards??) For the baby to grab, and pointed at Suri who was approaching Diego with Katie's kind-looking midwestern parents.

I was so surprised that the guards had directed my attention so suddenly to the child. She had a cookie in her hand, and I said yes Diego is very friendly and he likes cookies. Katie quickly came by and smiled and picked up the child. The parents smiled too. Smiles everyone, smiles!

I looked around and admired the dresses and didn't look at Katie and family much. She smiled a hello and I snuck out.

Is it stalking if you are too nervous to talk to a celebrity (even though you are in a foreign country and you usually blab to any/all foreigners you meet)?

Were those 'handlers' in the store S-gists?

No comments: